- 4 firm-ripe pears, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup granola (recommended: Sarabeth's Morning Blend Granola)
- 1 1/3 cups vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Combine pears and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. When hot, add the butter. Add the pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cinnamon and allspice and toss to combine. Add the light brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are soft and the juices have blended with the sugar to form a sugary syrup, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Parfaits may be assembled while pears are still warm or after they have cooled: Place 2 tablespoons of the granola in the bottom of each of 4 parfait glasses. Add 1/3 cup of the yogurt to each glass, then divide the caramelized pears evenly among the glasses. Top each with 2 tablespoons of the remaining granola, then top each with 1 tablespoon of the ginger.
- Serve immediately.
Apricot Cake Topped With Pear And Apricot Compote
Mango Frozen Yogurt And Raspberry Parfaits
Caramelized Apples And Pears With An Apple Sabayon
Emeril's Parfait With Spiced Pear Coulis
Bread Pudding With Strawberry Raspberry Preserves And White Chocolate Sauce
Baked Pears With Ginger Sauce
New York Cheesecake With Caramelized "big Apple" Topping
Chilled Fruit Champagne Soup With Crystallized Ginger
Blueberry-yogurt Crumble-top Cake
Orange And Rum Poached Pineapples With Vanilla Yogurt