- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 10 (1/2-inch-thick) slices pan de mie bread (recommended: Sarabeth's), crusts removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (6 cups cubed bread, half of one whole loaf)
- 3/4 cup strawberry-raspberry preserves (recommended: Sarabeth's)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top of puddings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- White Chocolate Creme Anglaise
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Butter 8 (4-ounce) ramekins using 1/2 teaspoon butter each. Place a layer of bread cubes in the bottom of each ramekin, pressing so that they fit snugly. Spoon a generous tablespoon of preserves on top of the bread cubes in each ramekin, dividing the preserves evenly. Divide the remaining bread cubes evenly among the ramekins. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs and sugar and whisk until smooth. Add the heavy cream, milk, and almond extract and whisk to combine. Divide the egg-cream mixture evenly among the ramekins. You may need to let them sit for a few minutes before being able to add more of the cream mixture. Let filled ramekins sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F while the ramekins are sitting.
- Transfer the ramekins to a 9 by 13-inch baking dish or other baking dish large enough to hold all 8 ramekins. Add enough hot water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Lightly butter a sheet of parchment paper that is large enough to cover all of the ramekins and place the parchment, buttered side down, on top of the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the custards are set. Remove the custards from the oven and remove the parchment paper. Increase the baking temperature to broil, or turn on the broiler. Alternately, you can brown the tops with a kitchen propane torch.
- Sprinkle the top of each custard with about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Divide the sliced almonds among the tops of the puddings. When the broiler has heated, broil the puddings until the tops are just golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes, depending on your broiler. Remove from the oven and remove the puddings from the water bath. Allow to cool briefly, then serve with the White Chocolate Creme Anglaise.
White Chocolate And Blueberry Bread Pudding, With Amaretto Cream Sauce
Dried Cherry And White Chocolate Bread Pudding Box
Cherry And White Chocolate Bread Pudding
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise
Oreo Cookie And White Chocolate Mousse Pie With Macerated Strawberries
New Orleans Style Bread Pudding With Chocolate Sauce
White Chocolate Mousse In Chocolate Meringue Shells With Raspberry Coulis
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
White Chocolate And Fresh Raspberry Terrine
Coconut Mango Bread Pudding With Caramel Rum Sauce And Fried Coconut Strips