- 2 1/4 cups julienned Napa cabbage
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup julienned yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup julienned red onions
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds tuna loin, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Combine cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, onions, orange segments, and cilantro in a bowl. Drizzle rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil over the salad. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine well. Set salad aside for 15 minutes before serving.
- Place tuna in 1 layer in a shallow dish or container. Stir together sake, lime juice, soy sauce, and mirin. Pour sake mixture over the fish and allow fish to marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine, set aside.
- Remove fish from the marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade. Season tuna on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until hot, but not smoking. Add tuna fillets, cook, turning once, until seared but still rare inside, about 20 seconds per side, (For more well-done tuna, cook up to a minute per side, if desried). Transfer to serving plates.
- Top each serving with 1/2 cup of the slaw. Drizzle a small amount of dipping sauce around each plate (or serve on the side in small bowls for dipping) and serve immediately.
Poached Sablefish In Basil Cream Sauce With Tomatoes And Garlic
Oven Baked Crabmeat Stuffed Sole With Meuniere Sauce
Tempura Softshell Crabs With Oriental Salad And Citrus Gastrique
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles
Crispy Striped Bass With Sauteed Baby Morels And A Watercress Sauce
Black Bean Cakes With Sauteed Rock Shrimp And Mole Sauce
Roasted Chicken With Lemon Herb Sauce And Sauteed Mushrooms, Two Ways
Chorizo and Sauteed Pepper Sandwich with Lemony Olive Oil-Cilantro Drizzle
Grilled Pork Cutlets With Homemade Bbq Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad
Glazed Baby Back Ribs With Plum Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad