- 2 mirliton, pits removed and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and julienned
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Spread the mirlitons in 1 layer in a strainer set over a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sit until they release some of their water, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Combine the drained mirlitons, bell pepper, jalapeno, green onions, and parsley. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Pour the dressing over the mirliton and mix well. Adjust seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper.