- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into thin slices (about 20)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425?F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Coat the greased casserole with 3 tablespoons bread crumbs. Lay about a third of the potatoes in the casserole dish-overlapping them in a shingle pattern. Season the potato layer with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. Lay half the salmon slices over the potatoes and sprinkle the salmon with 1 teaspoon chopped dill. Lay half the remaining potatoes over the salmon-once again in a shingle pattern-and season with another 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. Lay the remainder of the salmon over the potatoes, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chopped dill. Arrange the rest of the potatoes over the salmon and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper.
- Combine the eggs with the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour the egg and cream mixture over the casserole and wrap with aluminum foil. Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven, peel away the foil, and sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over the top. Place the casserole back in the oven and bake until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of chopped dill over the casserole. Serve, drizzled with the remaining 1/2 cup melted butter and garnished with lemon wedges.
Salmon And Potato Casserole
Alden's Grandmother's Meat And Potato Casserole
Eggplant, Sausage, And Ziti Casserole
Lamb And White Bean Casserole
Potato And Watercress Soup With Crisp Potato Pancakes And Smoked Salmon
Oven Poached Salmon With Pink Grapefruit And Tarragon Sauce
Salmon, Yukon Gold Potatoes And Artichoke Hearts With Lemon Vinaigrette And Choron Sauce
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Roasted Alaskan Salmon With Granny Smith Apple Butter Sauce, And Herbed Potato Cakes
Barbecued Salmon With Andouille And Potato Hash