- Two 15-inch-long French baguettes
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Corn or tortilla chips, for dipping (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Using a serrated knife, trim the upper quarter off the length of the top of each loaf. Hollow out the center of the loaves, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Set aside.
Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring to break up any clumps. Add the jalapenos, bell peppers, and green onions. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and Cheddar and stir until completely melted, about 2 minutes. Add the Essence and remove from the heat.
Fill the hollowed-out bread loaves with equal amounts of the sausage-cheese mixture and wrap each loaf in aluminum foil. Place the loaves on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven, unwrap, and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve warm with chips for dipping, if desired, or cut the bread crosswise into 2-inch slices.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Creole Stuffed Bread (meat And Sausage Version)
Pork Sausage and Cheese Omelette
Spicy Italian Sausage And Cheese Bread
French Bread Pizza Sandwiches With Sweet Italian Sausage
French Bread Pizza Sandwiches With Hot Italian Sausage
Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Country Ham And Bread Crumb Stuffed Artichokes
Simple But Fabulous Stuffing
Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing