- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 recipe BÈarnaise Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound Brabant Potatoes
- 1/2 pound assorted wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, chanterelle, porcini, and oyster, wiped clean, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound boiled ham, finely sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh small green peas (or frozen and defrosted)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each 6 to 8 ounces
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Season the chicken breasts with Essence, then add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet with paper towels and return to the stove. Heat the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add the Brabant Potatoes, salt, pepper and the chicken breasts, and cook for 1 minute.
- To serve, put about 3/4 cup of the ham-vegetable mixture on each dinner plate, and top with a chicken breast. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the Béarnaise Sauce over the chicken.
Roast Veal Brisket With Marsala Mushroom Sauce
Avgolemono (chicken Soup With Egg And Lemon)
Seared Chicken Breasts With Jerk Sauce
Chicken With Peach Champagne Sauce
Chicken With Curry And Coconut Sauce (ca-ri Ga Voi Mien)
Vine Smoked Herbed Chicken Breasts
Thai Chicken Salad Wraps
Chef Gail's Peach Glazed Chicken