- 3 cups sliced leeks, white and tender green parts
- 3 cups peeled and roughly chopped Russet potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crËme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced chives or parsley
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring the leeks, potatoes, water, and salt to the boil over high heat. Cover partially, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Correct the seasoning, to taste, and puree with a handheld immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor.
- Whisk in the cream and reheat before serving. Top each serving with a dollop of crème fraiche and sprinkling of fresh chives.
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Andouille Potato Cakes With Fresh Corn And Tomato Salsa
Creamy Leek And Potato Soup
Mocha Ice Cream Sandwiches With Macadamia Nut Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Mocha Ice Cream
Sweet Potato Chiffon Pie
Garlic Potato Parsnip Puree