- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from the casing
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Essence
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 30 won ton wrappers, covered with a damp cloth to keep moist
- 2 to 3 cups Homemade Red Sauce, or store-bought sauce
- Finely grated Parmesan
- 30 fresh basil sprigs
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until it is brown and cooked through, breaking into little pieces with a spoon as it cooks. Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, 1 beaten egg, the Essence, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Make an egg wash with the remaining egg and 1 teaspoon of water.
- Working 1 at a time, place 1 teaspoon of the cheese filling in the center of each won ton wrapper. Top with a little bit of the sausage and a small dollop of the sauce. With a pastry brush or a finger, dab a small amount of egg wash along 1 edge of the won ton wrapper. Gather up the ends of wrapper into the center to make a little dumpling or "purse" shape. Press well to seal Place on a baking sheet lightly dusted with cornstarch and cover with a cloth to prevent from drying out. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. If desired, refrigerate, tightly covered with plastic wrap for up to 2 hours until ready to cook.
- To cook the ravioli, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In batches, add the ravioli and cook until they are tender and float to the top, about 2 minutes. Gently remove with a slotted spoon and drain on towels. Lightly sprinkle with the grated Parmesan.
- Top each "purse" with a small sprig of basil.
Steak And Potato Bites
Emeril's Crawfish Cream Pasta Bites
Ham And Cheese Bites
Lasagna Of Fresh Spinach, Corn And Crab With A Goat's Cheese Sauce
Manly Mexican Bites
Mini Eggs Benedict With Choron Sauce
Spicy Sausage And Cheese Rolls
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Cheese And Beer Soup With Garlic Croutons And Kielbasa Sausage
Spicy Sausage And Cheese Bread