- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1 pound frozen puff pastry, thawed but refrigerated
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 teaspoon cold water, for glazing
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until very smooth and creamy. Add the egg yolks, 1/3 cup of the sugar and the orange flower water and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 3 minutes. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each puff pastry sheet slightly so that they measure 12-inches square. Using a pastry cutter or the rim of a small bowl or dish as a guide, use the tip of a sharp knife to cut out 4 (5 to 5 1/2-inch) circles from each sheet of puff pastry. Using a dry pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of each pastry circle to remove any excess flour. Transfer the 8 pastry circles to a baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the cream cheese filling evenly among the pastry circles, about 3 tablespoons each. Using a pastry brush, coat the outer edges of the circles with some of the egg glaze. Using your fingers, fold up the edges of the circles from three directions simultaneously to meet in the center and form a triangular pocket around the cream cheese filling. Pinch the edges together where they meet so that they seal – they should resemble little triangular hats. Place the prepared pastries on a baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Brush the tops of the pastries with some of the egg glaze and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Don't panic if your pastries begin to open up when baking – the cheese filling will puff and then set. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Les Oreilles De Cochon (cajun Pig's Ear Pastries)
Sweet Cheese Blintzes With Apple Butter
Lobster, Mushroom And Sweet Corn In A Pastry Boat
Gratinee Lyonnaise (lyon-style Onion Soup)
Warm Lyonnaise Sausage And Potato Salad
Free Range Chicken In Vinegar Lyon Style
Warm Artichokes And Bacon Over Dandelion Greens
Mille Feuille Of Benne Wafers And Pineapple Pastry Cream With Macerated Berries
Emeril's Pastry Cream Doughnut Filling
Fresh Lemon Pastry Cream