- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds flank steak, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Lime wedges, accompaniment
- Cold Mexican beer, or tequila shots
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the Worcestershire sauce, oregano, pepper flakes, cumin and coriander. Pour into a large zip-lock bag, add the steak, and seal. Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for at least 12 and up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the bag and pat dry. Season on both sides with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Preheat the grill to high, and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes to warm and soften. Remove from the oven and keep warm in the aluminum foil.
- Cook the steak over the grill to preferred temperature, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from the heat and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions, and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the garlic, remaining teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant and soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Divide among the warmed tortillas and top with the vegetables. Squeeze with lime juice and serve immediately with cold beer or tequila shots.
Pork And Black Bean Chalupas With Tex Mex Dressing
Chiles Rellenos With Rock Shrimp Salsa Fresca
Spicy Sirloin Steak Fajitas
Chorizo, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Tex Mex Dressing
Rock Shrimp Salsa Fresca
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Garlic Stuffed Sliced Fillet Of Beef Over Emeril's Crispy Potato Sandwich