- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Homemade Tortilla Chips, or large, restaurant style corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 1 small white onion, sliced into thin rings
- 5 large jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, and chopped, or to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, garnish
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo, garlic, and cumin, stirring, over medium-high heat until the sausage is browned and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. To the fat in the pan, add the pinto beans, chili powder, and salt and cook over medium heat until warmed through, smashing slightly with the back of a heavy wooden spoon and adding water a teaspoon at a time if the beans get too dry. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a large, oval ovenproof platter or in a large baking dish, spread 1 layer of chips. Top with a layer of 1/2 of the beans, then 1/2 of the sausage, cheeses, onion rings, and chopped jalapenos. Repeat with another layer of chips, beans, sausage, cheese, onions and jalapenos. Bake until the cheeses are melted and the mixture is hot, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and lime juice, with a pinch of salt. Drizzle over the nachos, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Chorizo, Cheese, And Green Chile Enchiladas
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Tequila Marinated Shrimp Pizza With Chorizo, Onions, Bell Peppers, And Cilantro Pesto
Pork And Black Bean Chalupas With Tex Mex Dressing
Hot Chorizo Tamales With Black Bean And Roasted Pepper Salsa
Spicy Salt Cod Cakes With Chorizo And Stewed Fava Beans
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Chorizo And Potato Fritta