- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 small loaf French bread, 10 to 12-inches in length, split in half lengthwise
- 1 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 3/4 pound cooked roast beef, shredded or chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 8 Poached Eggs
- Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, Essence, and 1 teaspoon of the garlic until creamy. Spread evenly over the French bread halves. Cut each in 1/2, for a total of 4 pieces. When 15 to 20 minutes away from serving the meal, place on a baking sheet, buttered side up, and bake until lightly toasted and bubbly, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- In a medium saucepan, place the potatoes and enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high until brown and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. To the fat in the pan, add the onions and peppers, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the potatoes and cook until starting to crisp and brown, stirring only occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the meat, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper, and stir well. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine, increase the heat, and cook for 1 minute until the wine is nearly all evaporated. Add the beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cooked bacon and remove from the heat. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Arrange 1 piece toasted French bread in the middle of each of 4 plates. Spoon the roast beef mixture over the toast and top each with 2 poached eggs. Spoon the mushroom sauce over the eggs, sprinkle with chopped green onions, and serve immediately.
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Beef and Wild Mushroom Pate with a Cognac Mustard Sauce
Smoked Salmon And Potato Hash With Poached Eggs
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Emeril's Egg Benedict With Country Ham, Poached Eggs And Fresh Herb Hollandaise
Smoked Turkey And Sweet Potato Hash With Dried Cranberries, Maltese Sauce, And A Poached Egg
Wild Mushroom Sauce