- 2 pounds large ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Place the tomatoes on the grill and roast, turning, until the skin is evenly charred. Remove and when cool enough to handle, peel and seed the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender or food processor, and process with the oil and vinegar. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add the basil, and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Serve warm with the grilled soft shell crabs.
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Grilled Lamb Kababs With Feta Sauce
Goat Cheese Turnovers With Tomato Coulis And Basil Puree
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Grilled Vegetable Antipasto
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Gulf Fish Beignets With Grilled Corn And Tomato Tartar Sauce
Charred Tomato Coulis
Tagliatelle With Kicked Up Tomato Pasta Sauce, Parmesan Regiano And Fresh Basil