- 4 strips bacon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 dozen oysters, shucked, liquor and bottom shells reserved
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the bacon on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut each strip into 6 equal portions, for a total of 24 pieces.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, using a rubber spatula, cream together the butter, shallots, pepper, garlic, parsley, salt, lemon juice, and cayenne.
- Place the reserved oyster shells on a large sheet pan and place 1 oyster inside of each. Spoon a small amount of oyster liquor onto each oyster, top with 1 teaspoon of the flavored butter and 1 bacon piece. Bake until bubbly and firm, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the oysters from the oven. Arrange 4 oysters on each of 4 plates and serve immediately.
Fried Clams With Gaahlicky Blue Cheese Dip
Gaahlicky Blue Cheese Dip
Bay Scallop Roll
Seafood Stew With Sausage, Tomatoes, Herbs And Wine
Clancy's Fried Oysters With Brie
Oysters En Brochette
Oysters Stuffed With A Mirliton Dressing And A Drizzle Of Hollandaise