- 12 wonton skins, cut into 1/8-inch strips, separated
- 1/2 pound snow peas, ends trimmed and strings removed
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- Togarashi or Asian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups shredded Napa or other green cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Hoisin Dressing
- Green onions, sliced on bias, garnish
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the wonton strips on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss to separate. Continue baking until light brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the snow peas until tender, about 1 minute. Shock in ice water and pat dry.
- Season the chicken cutlets with togarashi or Asian seasoning and pepper on both sides. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil and heat. Add the chicken cutlets, in batches if necessary, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside while you prepare the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, snow peas, red onions, mint and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Toss the cabbage mixture with 1/2 cup of the hoisin dressing, and divide mixture between 4 plates. Arrange the sliced chicken on the salad and drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup dressing. Garnish with wonton strips, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Hoisin Glazed Chicken Stuffed With Sticky Rice And Chinese Sausage
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
Salt Baked Squid With A Sesame Hoisin Sauce
Tempura Squash Blossom And Crab Packages With Hoisin Butter Sauce
Katafi Wrapped Shrimp In Lettuce Cups With Kicked Up Hoisin Sauce
Whole Hot Sauced Fried Chickens With Floís Potato Salad And Southern Cooked Greens
Tempura Poricini With Hoisin Sauce
Kicked Up Hoisin Sauce
Hoisin Pork Chops With Cabbage, Pineapple, And Macadamia Nut Slaw