- 1/3 ounce konbu (kelp), about 2 or 3 squares
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 large dry wood ear mushrooms, wiped clean
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white or yellow miso paste
- 1 tablespoon brown miso paste
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions
- 4 ounces tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- To make the "dashi" soup stock, in a large saucepan, combine the konbu and vegetable stock and heat over medium-low heat almost to the boiling point. Remove the konbu just before the mixture comes to a boil and discard.
- Remove from the heat and skim any foam that rises to the surface. Let stand for 2 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a saucepan. Keep warm over low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and soy sauce to the dashi and steep until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and when cool enough to handle, slice thinly. Return to the liquid. Add the miso pastes and cook over low heat, stirring to dissolve. Add the scallions and tofu and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Herb Cheese Stuffed And Fried Eggplant Steaks With Braised Radicchio, Fennel, And Escarole
Fish Soup With Summer Vegetables And Rouille
Homemade Chicken And Vegetable Soup
Emeril's Favorite Miso Soup
Pan-seared Halibut In A Miso Broth With Enoki Mushrooms, Edamame, And Pea Sprouts
Miso Marinated Broiled Black Cod With Cucumber Relish
Braised Radicchio, Fennel. And Escarole
Turkey And Vegetable Soup