- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 ounces crawfish tails
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack, grated
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Essence, for dusting
- Hot Mustard Sauce
- In a small skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned and crispy. Add the onions, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring, until soft, about 1 minute. Add the crawfish, stir, and remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked onion mixture, cream cheese, goat cheese soy sauce, hot sauce, green onions, and cilantro, and blend together. Add the Monterey Jack and mix well. Fold in the crabmeat, being careful not to break up the lumps. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Working 1 at a time, place the egg roll wrappers on a work surface. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the center of the wonton and wet the edges. Fold over the sides to form a triangle and press to seal the edges. Set on a baking sheet and cover with a lightly damp cloth to prevent from drying out while assembling the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the crab rangoons and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Once the rangoons are well browned, add a little water and cover. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Arrange the crab rangoons on a platter. Serve hot with the dipping sauce.
Hot Mustard Sauce
Vietnamese Summer Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Coconut Beer Battered Shrimp With Mango Orange Chutney
Hot Mustard Sauce
Brandied Duck Liver Mousse With Creole Mustard Sauce
Fireside Sausage Wraps With Bourbon Mustard Dipping Sauce
Caribbean Conch Fritters With Island Hot Sauce
Asian Pot Stickers
Creole Spiced Blue Crabs With Green Onion Dipping Sauce