- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain in a colander and cool.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until brown and the fat is rendered, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add the onions, Essence, salt, and cayenne to the fat in the pan and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the drained potatoes and olive oil and cook, turning, until browned on both sides. Return the bacon to the pan, with the parsley, cilantro, and green onions. Season, to taste, and cook gently until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
Oven Fried Potato And Sweet Potato Chips With Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip
Crispy Catfish And Black Eyed Peas, Bacon And Caramelized Onion Relish With Fried Collard Greens
Bacon Pancakes With Walnut Butter And Caramelized Onions
Coimbra Cake With Port Reduction And Oranges
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Dandelion And Bitter Greens With Fried Potatoes And Warm Bacon Dressing
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Potato, Onion And Pea Champ
Scalloped Potatoes And Onions
Cornmeal Crusted Lemonfish With Grilled Onion And Potato Lyonnaise And Crabmeat Ravigote