- 1 (1 to 1 1/2-pound) pork tenderloin, butterflied and pounded slightly to an even thickness between sheets of plastic wrap
- Southern Cooked Greens
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Red Beans
- White Rice
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Chopped parsley, garnish
- Hot cornbread, accompaniment
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Starting about 1/2-inch from the bottom and leaving 1/2-inch on either side, lay the greens in a uniform line across the meat. With the long edge towards you, pull the bottom edge of meat up and over the filling and roll up into a long cylinder. Using butcher's twine, tie the meat to seal. Rub with the vegetable oil on all sides and season with Essence.
- In a large ovenproof skillet or roasting pan, sear the meat on all sides over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes. Roast until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers an internal temperature of 155 to 160 degrees F, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- To the fat and juices remaining in the pan, add the butter and melt over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the stock and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in any accumulated juices from the meat.
- To serve, remove the twine and slice the tenderloin. Arrange the rice in the middle of 4 large plates and top with the red beans. Arrange the sliced pork over the red beans and nap the meat with the pan gravy. Garnish with chopped green onions and parsley, and serve immediately with hot cornbread.
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Red Beans and Rice
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Indian Spices, Peach Chutney and Basmati Rice Pilaf
Slow Cooked White Beans With Pan Fried Pork Chops And Caramelized Onions
Hickory-smoked Pork Chops With Braised Greens And Green Onion Rice Pilaf
Weber Grilled Tenderloin With Red Chili Rice And Smoked Red Pepper Aioli
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Braised Beef Short Ribs With Red Beans And Sushi Rice
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies