- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon juniper berries
- 3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Pinch allspice
- 1 1/4 pounds venison sirloin, cut into 4 equal portions and pounded thin
- 1 pound venison tenderloin, cut into medallions
- 1 pound venison sausages
- 2 cups veal stock, or beef stock
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard, or other spicy whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, plus more for garnish
- Mashed Potatoes
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Preheat a grill.
- Make a seasoning salt by processing the salt, juniper, peppercorns, and allsice in a spice grinder, coffee grinder, or blender.
- Place the venison on a work surface and sprinkle on both sides with the seasoning. Grill the sirloin and tenderloin on both sides until medium-rare, about 1 minutes per side for the sirloin and 2 minutes per side for the tenderloin. Grill the venison sausages until they are cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the venison is cooking: In a medium saucepan, bring the veal stock, cider, shallots and pepper to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced by half. Whisk in the mustard. Working on and off the heat, whisk in the butter in pieces. Remove from the heat add minced parsley and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Serve as soon as possible.
- To serve, spoon the mashed potatoes into the center of 4 large plates and top with the venison. Spoon the sauce over the meat, and arrange the red cabbage around the sides of the plate. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Emeril's Braised Celery Root With Grilled Millbrook Venison Chops And Celery Root Mash
Red Wine Braised Beef Shanks With Mushrooms And Basil Mashed Potatoes
Cinnamon Smoked Venison Medallions With Bourbon Mash Sweet Potatoes And A Caramelized Onion Gravy
Seared Venison Chops With Elderberry Reduction, Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, And Sauteed Baby Spinach
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Italian Style Venison Stew With Egg Noodles
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Tex Mex Style Venison Chili