- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the hearts of palm and stir to combine. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by 1/2, about 3 minutes. Add the broth, stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Using an immersion blender or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup. Return to medium heat and add the cream. Stir in the crabmeat and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and white pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into bowls or cups, garnish with the parsley and serve.
Hearts Of Palm Hearts Of Palm And Crab Salad
Tempura Hearts Of Palm On A Bed Of Warm Greens
Lump Crabmeat And Fresh Florida Hearts Of Palm Strudel With A Sweet Corn Remoulade
Chilled Stone Crab Claws With A Hearts Of Palm Salad And Honey Tangerine Gastrique
Warm Hearts Of Palm With Molho Apimentado (brazilian Hot Sauce/salsa)
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Peeky Toe Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Salad On Mache With Tangerine Vinaigrette
Fish And Shrimp Stew
Hearts Of Palm Beignets With Roasted Tomato Dipping Sauce