- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut crosswise 1/8-inch thick
- 2 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 pound Barbecued Pulled Pork
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chilis, worked into a paste (about 1 large chili)
- Tortilla chips, optional accompaniment
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter. Arrange one-quarter of the sweet potato slices in overlapping layers around the pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and top with one-quarter of the cheese. Repeat with another layer and top with the barbecued pork and one-quarter of the cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers, ending with cheese on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and chilis. Pour over the potatoes, pressing down gently to let the liquid seep down into the layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until the potatoes are tender, the cream is absorbed, and the cheese is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving. Serve either as a snack with tortilla chips, or as a side dish.
Whole Roasted Ribeye Roast With A Three Potato And Goat Cheese Gratin
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potato Au Gratin
Three Potato Gratin
Potato And Goat Cheese Gratin
Potatoes Au Gratin
Barbecued Pulled Pork
Pork Chops Stewed With Apples And Prunes, With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes