- 8 ounces very fresh king salmon fillet, skin and pin bones removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chiffonade endive
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Sea salt
- Cut the salmon into 4 equal portions. Cover a cutting board with a large piece of plastic wrap and rub with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Place a piece of salmon in the center and cover with a second piece of plastic. Using a flat, smooth mallet or the bottom of a skillet, gently pound the salmon into a paper-thin sheet. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining salmon, adding more oil as necessary to prevent from sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine the endive and red onions. In another bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, parsley, chives, lemon juice and lemon zest, and whisk to blend. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Toss 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette with the endive and red onions. Lightly season each piece of salmon with pepper and sea salt.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the endive and red onion salad in the center of each piece of salmon. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salmon, and serve well chilled.
King Crab Soup
Seared Beef Carpaccio With Shaved Fresh Artichokes And A Drizzle Of Truffle Oil
Sauteed King Crab In White Wine
Halibut Cakes With Homemade Tartar Sauce
Homemade Mayonnaise And Tartar Sauce
Seared Venison Chops With Elderberry Reduction, Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, And Sauteed Baby Spinach
Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
Carpaccio Di Tonno
Caramelized Salmon Deviled Eggs
Karenís Smoked Salmon Roulade