- Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and cut into thin rings
- 1 yellow onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 cup thinly sliced black olives
- 1 pound crumbled hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- While the dough is rising, make the tomato sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the herbs, seeds, salt, and black and red peppers, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, wine and sugar, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely before using.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Oil 2 seasoned 12-inch round deep-dish pizza pans with the extra-virgin olive oil. Press 1 piece of dough into each pan, pressing to the edge and stretching about 1 1/2 inches up the sides. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Layer the mozzarella cheese all over the bottom of the pies. Top each with half of the pepperoni, mushrooms, bell pepper rings, onions, black olives and sausage. Ladle the sauce evenly over each pizza and top with Parmesan.
- Bake until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice and serve hot.
Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Dough
Chicago Style Italian Sausage And Pepper Deep Dish Pizza
Roasted Garlic White Pizza With Cheese Stuffed Crust
Basic Pizza Dough
California Style Duck Confit Pizza
New York Style Thin Crust Pizza
Classic Chicago Hot Dog
Creole Fried Chicken
Tourti»re Du Saguenay (deep Dish Meat Pie)