- Basic Pizza Dough for 1 crust
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- Olive Salad
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- 4 ounces roughly chopped ham
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 8 ounces fresh bocconcini, sliced in half or into 3rds, or cubed fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini
- Red pepper flakes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Place a baking stone on the lower rack of the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F. Remove the premade pizza dough from the bowl and briefly knead. Shape into a 14-inch round. Lightly dust a baker's peel with the cornmeal. Transfer the dough to the peel. (Alternately, the dough can rest and then be cooked on a lightly oiled baking sheet.)
Spread most of the olive salad over the bottom of the dough. Top with the provolone, onions, ham, salami, remaining olive salad, bocconcini or mozzarella, and pepperoncini. Sprinkle, to taste, with the red pepper flakes and extra-virgin olive oil.
Transfer to the baking stone and cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.