- 1 (2 to 3-pound) mackerel, cleaned with head and tail on, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Pimenta Moida
- 4 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Portuguese bread or cornbread, accompaniment
- Place the fish on a baking sheet and cut 4 slits into each side. In a small bowl, combine the Pimenta Moida, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of salt. Wearing rubber gloves, rub the mixture evenly onto both sides of the fish. Let sit while assembling the remaining ingredients.
- In a large pan, combine the flour, cornmeal, and Essence.
- In a decorative bowl, combine the onions, parsley, green onions, olive oil, vinegar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and crushed red pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Preheat the oil in a large pot to 360 degrees F. The oil should come halfway up the sides.
- Dredge the fish in the cornmeal mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Add to the hot oil and fry, turning, until golden brown and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Place on a platter and serve hot, passing the onion sauce at the table. Serve with warm bread.
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Piri Piri Mackerel
Braised Chorizo Spiced Pork Butt
Smoked Mussel Fritters With A Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
Grilled Rib Eye Steaks With Fried Bell Pepper Rings And Maitre D'hotel Butter
Caribbean Style Chicken With Brown Sugar Peanut Spice Rub
Pompano With Potato Crust And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Emeril's Shrimp And Pasta With Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, And Green Onions
Roasted Red Pepper Emulsion