- Biscotti Crust
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely ground toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico, or other nut-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened espresso concentrate
- Clear Orange Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 8 (10-ounce) disposable paper coffee cups with vegetable cooking spray. Divide the biscotti crust (about 3 1/2 tablespoons for each) among the prepared cups. Press down to make a thick bottom crust. Place on a baking sheet and bake until set, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before filling with the cheesecake batter.
- Lower the oven temperature to 225 degrees F.
- In a large bowl fitted with an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until smooth. Combine 3/4 cup of the sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Add to the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla together in a small mixing bowl. Add to the cream cheese mixture in 4 additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition. Add 1 cup of the sour cream and beat to blend. Pour half of the batter into another bowl. To 1 bowl add the hazelnut paste and liqueur, and beat to blend. To the remaining half, add the espresso and beat to blend.
- To make the sour cream topping, whisk the remaining 2 cups of sour cream and 1/4 cup of sugar together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the hazelnut mixture into each prepared cup, and top with 1/4 cup of the espresso mixture. Bake until set, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each cheesecake with 1/4 cup of the sour cream topping. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Refrigerate until completely cooled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a small sharp knife under hot running water. Carefully run the knife around the inside edges of each cup to loosen the cheesecakes. With kitchen shears, cut away the cups and place the cheesecakes, crust side up, on dessert plates. Spoon the orange-caramel sauce around each cheesecake and serve.
Clear Orange Caramel Sauce
Orange Galettes Layered With A Citrus Cream And A Drizzle Of Caramel Sauce
New York Cheesecake With Caramelized "big Apple" Topping
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Pudim De Laranja (orange Flan In Caramel Sauce)
Rustic Cheesecake With Praline Sauce
Simply Delicious New York-style Cheesecake With Strawberry Sauce
Cane Syrup Pecan Bread Pudding with Espresso Creme Anglaise
Tempura Pumpkin With A Drizzle Of Caramel Sauce And Cinnamon Ice Cream
Emeril's Warm Peach Pancakes With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And A Drizzle Of Warm Caramel Sauce