- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Roma plum tomatoes, about 3/4 pound, cored and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large lavosh flat breads, or large burrito-sized plain tortillas
- 8 ounces thinly sliced roasted medium-rare lamb
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil
- Roasted Garlic and Eggplant Spread
- Feta Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the onion slices with the oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a layer on a baking sheet and roast until tender and starting to color, stirring as necessary, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Arrange the tomatoes, cut sides up, on the baking sheet. Season the cut sides lightly with salt and pepper. Roast until they have released most of their liquid and are slightly caramelized around the edges, about 1 hour. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and let cool slightly. Cut the tomatoes into thin strips.
- Wrap the lavosh breads in aluminum foil and place in the oven to warm and soften. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the roasted garlic and eggplant spread evenly on the lavosh breads, leaving a slight border along the edges. Arrange the sliced lamb then the tomatoes and onions over the bread and drizzle with the feta sauce. Sprinkle with the fresh basil. Roll tightly as though making a cigar, pressing as you go to keep the filling in place. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes so it will be firm enough to slice. Cut each lavosh either in half (like a burrito), or on the bias into 1-inch sections. Serve additional feta sauce on the side for dipping, as desired.
Mediterranean Chicken Packets
Whole Bronzini, Mediterranean-Style
Grilled Banana Leaf Wrapped Fish
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish Served Peasant Style
Katafi Wrapped Shrimp In Lettuce Cups With Kicked Up Hoisin Sauce
Homemade Andouille Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Double Cut Pork Chops With Awesome Ham Hock Gravy
Zucchini Wrapped Fish With Butternut Squash Hash And Pinot Noir Butter Sauce
Prosciutto Wrapped Trout
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With A Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce