- 1 head bibb lettuce, cored and leaves separated, washed and spun dry
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Palm sugar, or light brown sugar, plus more to sprinkle on shrimp
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced Serrano chilies
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 4 teaspoons Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh mint, garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, garnish
- Lay the lettuce leaves across a large platter. Arrange the cucumber, mango slices and shallots over the lettuce.
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, shallots, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, cilantro, chiles, and peanut oil. Blend on high speed until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the Essence, salt, palm sugar, and cayenne to coat. Heat a wok or large, heavy, skillet over high heat. Add the oil and when very hot, add the shrimp and sear until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Arrange the shrimp decoratively over the greens and mango and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the mint and green onions and serve.
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Pomegranate Mojito With Vanilla Sugar
Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping And Brown Sugar Glaze
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
A Creole Fried Shrimp Salad With Vidalia Onions, A Classic Remoulade Dressing And Pickled Okra
Chilled Stone Crab Claws With A Hearts Of Palm Salad And Honey Tangerine Gastrique
Peeky Toe Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Salad On Mache With Tangerine Vinaigrette
Hearts Of Palm And Stone Crab Salad With Avocado Buttermilk Dressing
Ann Kerney's Pan Seared Squab With Rice Dressing