- 1 head bibb lettuce, cored and leaves separated, washed and spun dry
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Palm sugar, or light brown sugar, plus more to sprinkle on shrimp
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced Serrano chilies
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 4 teaspoons Essence 
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh mint, garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, garnish
- Lay the lettuce leaves across a large platter. Arrange the cucumber, mango slices and shallots over the lettuce.
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, shallots, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, cilantro, chiles, and peanut oil. Blend on high speed until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the Essence, salt, palm sugar, and cayenne to coat. Heat a wok or large, heavy, skillet over high heat. Add the oil and when very hot, add the shrimp and sear until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Arrange the shrimp decoratively over the greens and mango and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the mint and green onions and serve.