- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1/4 pound fresh shrimp, shelled, deveined, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Note: Once this custard is cooked and solidified, remove from the steamer and do not return to the steamer or the custard will liquefy.
- Beat eggs in bowl. Beat in 1 teaspoon of salt, rice vinegar, oyster sauce and stock. Place bowl on a rack in a pot or steamer. Cover and steam over boiling water 20 minutes. Set custard aside until ready to serve.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok. Add scallion, ginger, and pork. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce. Cook 1 minute more and remove from heat. Mix cilantro and shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cornstarch. Stir-fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon heated oil 2 minutes. Add pork mixture and stir-fry 30 seconds more.
- Invert custard onto platter. Pour pork and shrimp mixture over custard.
Roasted Garlic Custards With Seared Shrimp And Green Onion Coulis
Roasted Pork Risotto With Fried Quail Eggs
Steamed Basmati Rice
Steamed Jasmine Rice
Cheese Stuffed Homemade Sausages With Poached Eggs And Tasso Cream Sauce
Steamed Mussels With Pommes Frites
Steamed Blue Crabs With Homemade Bay Seasoning
Shrimp Etouffee With Steamed Rice And Fried Mirliton Strips
Shrimp Won Tons