- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 1/2 pounds striped bass fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups shrimp or fish stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Muenster cheese
- 1 pound small or medium shrimp
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise into 6ths, garnish
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and Essence. Dredge the fish in the flour, shaking to remove any excess. In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Drain any remaining fat from the pan and wipe clean.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the potatoes are very soft and the sauce reduces and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir to incorporate. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Add the fish and the shrimp, and simmer until the shrimp are pink and the fish is warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the stew into large bowls. Arrange the egg slices around the rim of the bowl, and garnish with the green onions and parsley.
Crispy Striped Bass With Sauteed Baby Morels And A Watercress Sauce
Pan Crispy Striped Bass With Brown Butter, Lump Crab Meat And Shiitake ñ Watercress Salad
Fish And Shrimp Stew
Crispy Sea Bass With Confit Of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pancetta And Fresh Sweet Peas
Foie Gras And Mushroom Stew With Mascarpone Dumplings
Pork And Green Chile Stew
Wild Mushroom And Oyster Stew
Thai Curry And Shrimp Soup
Shrimp And Corn Bisque
Swirl Of Roasted Red And Yellow Pepper Soup With Shrimp Dumplings