- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds sirloin or flank steak, sliced thinly on the bias
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions (scallions)
- 2 teaspoons hot red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 40 very thin slices garlic
- 20 large green or red lettuce leaves
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, the minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of the mirin, and the red pepper flakes. Add the meat toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup soy sauce with remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Add the green onions (scallions), and garlic, and toss to combine. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the remaining teaspoon of mirin, the chili powder and sesame seeds.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Grill for 1 minute on each side for medium-rare.
- Lay the lettuce leaves on a flat work surface and rub the mirin mixture on the insides of the leaves. Set aside.
- Lay several slices of cooked steak in center of each leaf, drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of the seasoned green onions (scallions), and top with 2 garlic slivers. Fold the lettuce over the steak and wrap tightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Shabu Shabu With Sesame Dipping Sauce (japan)
Sesame Dipping Sauce
Steak And Mushroom Pie (england)
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Fresh Tuna And Butter Lettuce Wraps With Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno, And Basil Oil
Baby Lettuces And Cayenne Roasted Peanuts With Creole Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, And Homemade White Cheddar Crackers
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Katafi Wrapped Shrimp In Lettuce Cups With Kicked Up Hoisin Sauce
Barbecued Beef Brisket