- 1 pound lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound lean veal, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound pork fat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cloves
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 6 equal portions
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Tasso Cream Sauce
- Chopped parsley, garnish
- POACHED EGGS:
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine all the sausage making ingredients. Using a meat grinder, or in batches in a food processor, grind the mixture together. Form into 12 equal portions, flattening slightly into patties, to measure about 3 inches in diameter. Place a piece of cheese on top of 6 of the patties and top with the remaining patties, pinching the meat together to seal the cheese completely.
- Preheat a grill. In a large skillet or saute pan, heat 1/4-inch of oil over medium-high heat. Add the stuffed sausage patties and cook until brown on both sides and the meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain on paper towels.
- Brush the sliced bread with some vegetable oil. Place the bread on the grill and cook until toasted with grill marks. Remove and set aside.
- For the Poached Eggs: Pour cold water into a 10-inch saute pan to a depth of about 2 inches. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat so that the surface of the water barely shimmers. Add the vinegar.
- Break 4 of the eggs into individual saucers, then gently slide them out one at a time into the water and, with a large spoon, lift the white over the yolk. Repeat the lifting once or twice to completely enclose each yolk. Poach until the whites are set and the yolks feel soft when touched gently, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and either serve immediately, or place in a shallow pan or large bowl of cold water. Repeat with the remaining eggs, adding more water as needed to keep the depth at 2 inches, and bringing the water to a simmer before adding the eggs.
- To serve, place 1 grilled bread round on 6 plates. Top with 1 sausage patty and 1 poached egg. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce over each egg and garnish with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Poached Pears Stuffed With Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts Wrapped In Puff Pastry With Port Wine Reduction Sauce
Tasso Cream Sauce
Grilled Fillet Of Beef With Blue Cheese Glacage, With Bacon And Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes And A Drizzle Of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Roast Beef Hash With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce On Garlic French Bread
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Emeril's Egg Benedict With Country Ham, Poached Eggs And Fresh Herb Hollandaise
Lobster Potato Cakes With Poached Eggs And American Sauce
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante