- 1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (tops only)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound Brie, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Chili-Apple Glaze
- 2 teaspoons minced chives, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the crabmeat in a bowl and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add the green onions and toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- Spread the almonds on a small baking sheet and toast until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/4 cup of the crabmeat mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Place 5 to 6 slices of the Brie on top of the crabmeat. Fold the remaining half of the tortilla over, forming a half-moon shape. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large griddle or skillet over medium heat. When smoking hot, carefully lay the quesadilla in the oil. Fry on 1 side until golden brown, about 2 minutes, turn with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side and the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and repeat with the remaining quesadillas, adding more oil as needed. To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 triangles.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the Chile-Apple Glaze on each plate, and top with quesadilla quarters. Garnish with the toasted almonds and chopped chives.
Blue Cheese And Brie Quesadillas With A Pear And Brown Sugar Compote
Chili Apple Glaze
Rock Shrimp Quesadillas With A Cantaloupe, Berry And Peach Salsa
Chili Con Carne And Chili Con Queso With Tortilla Chips
Emeril's Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Apple Cider Glaze And A Creole Mustard Reduction Sauce
Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping And Brown Sugar Glaze
Cheese Stuffed Homemade Sausages With Poached Eggs And Tasso Cream Sauce
Nola's Smoked Duck Pizza With Brie And Truffle Essence
Clancy's Fried Oysters With Brie
Pastry Wrapped Baked Brie With Truffled Crabmeat Filling