- 4 brioche rolls, upper third removedand insides scooped out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped dice carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped dice celery
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Brabant Potatoes
- POACHED EGGS:
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 quail eggs or 4 regular eggs
- TO FINISH:
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- Place the brioche rolls and their tops on a baking sheet and place in the oven to warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook, stirring, until lightly caramelized, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring often for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the cream and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the butter to the hash and stir to incorporate. Add the thyme and Brabant potatoes, and toss to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Have a pot of simmering water. Add vinegar. Carefully break the eggs into a small bowl. Slide the eggs, 1 at a time, into the water and poach just until the white is set and the center is still soft, about 3 minutes. Remove the poached eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Remove the brioches from the oven and place 1 on each of 4 plates. Spoon the chicken hash into each brioche, sprinkle with cheese and top with poached eggs. Set the brioche tops on each at an angle, and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve.
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Hoisin Glazed Chicken Stuffed With Sticky Rice And Chinese Sausage
Truffle Stuffed Chicken Legs In Puff Pastry With Candied Butternut Squash
Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Light Pan Sauce And Braised Celery
Sausage And Rice Stuffed Chicken Legs With Apricot Glaze
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Cipollini Stuffed Chicken Breasts And Poached Leeks With A Dijon Vinaigrette
Barbecued Salmon With Andouille And Potato Hash
Zucchini Wrapped Fish With Butternut Squash Hash And Pinot Noir Butter Sauce
Ricotta And Fig Pie With Brioche Crust