- 1 medium loaf Italian bread, about 5-inches wide, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 pound pancetta, sliced crosswise
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essence, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup very finely grated Parmesan, garnish
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Place 12 metal or wooden skewers on a work surface.
- Make 3 sandwiches by layering the bread, cheese, and pancetta 3 times, with bread on both ends. Cut each sandwich into fourths and run a skewer through the center of each. (If frying in a pot instead of a deep fryer, arrange the stacks toward one end to fry more uniformly.)
- Preheat the oil to 350 degrees F. in a heavy, deep pot or deep fryer.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour with 1 tablespoon of the Essence. In a second dish, combine the bread crumbs with the remaining tablespoon of Essence. In a third dish, beat the eggs with 1/4 cup of water. One at a time, dip each skewer in the flour, then the eggs, then the bread crumbs, shaking to remove any excess. Fry, turning with tongs, until golden brown and the cheese melts, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Arrange on a platter and while still hot, sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
- Serve hot.
Red Snapper In A Coconut Curry Broth
Tabbouleh With Lamb And Pine Nuts
Citrus and Tea-Glazed Duck
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Chicken Breast Clemenceau
Emeril’s New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
Delmonico’s Pan Sautéed Drum Meuniere
Emeril's Delmonico Crispy Pork Cheeks with Creole Dirty Rice
Crab and Corn Cheesecake with a Green Onion Coulis