- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces chicken livers, rinsed, drained and cut into 24 pieces
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and cut into 24 pieces
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- Skewers or toothpicks
- In a shallow bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry, ginger and garlic. Add the chicken livers and toss to coat. Let marinate refrigerated for 2 to 4 hours.
- Place the oil in a deep pot or a fryer and heat to 350 degrees F. Place the bacon flat on a work surface and scrape with the back of a knife to prevent from shrinking while cooking. Remove the livers from the marinade and pat dry. Place 1 chicken liver piece on each bacon half and top with a water chestnut slice. Roll up to enclose the livers and chestnuts in the bacon. Secure with a toothpick or long skewer.
- Carefully add to the hot oil in batches. Fry until golden brown and the livers are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Remove the skewers or toothpicks and place the rumaki on a platter. Serve immediately.
Mai Tai Cocktails
Sweet And Sour Pork
Flambeed Pineapples With Coconut Ice Cream
Grilled Vietnamese-Style Chicken Wings
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Pork And Shrimp Spring Roll (goi Cuon) With Peanut Sauce (nuoc Leo)
Artichoke And Spinach Dip
Spicy Cocktail Nuts