- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced takanotsume chile, or other hot red chile, plus 1 takanotsume chile, or other hot red chile, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mirin
- 1 pound fresh, sushi-grade sea scallops, sliced crosswise into rounds as thinly as possible
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine the rice vinegar, minced chiles, salt, and mirin in a glass bowl. Add the sliced scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add the green onion and sesame seeds, gently stirring to mix.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on each of 4 plates. Spoon the scallop mixture on top of the cucumbers and garnish with the julienned chiles. Drizzle with soy sauce and serve.