- 1 1/2 pounds duck livers, cleaned and rinsed in cool water, patted dry
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- Creole Mustard Sauce
- French bread croutons, or crackers, accompaniment
- In a bowl, combine the livers and milk to cover. Soak, refrigerated, for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain well.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the livers, onions, thyme, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the white pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are just slightly pink and the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Carefully add the brandy and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the livers are cooked through but still tender. Remove from the heat and spread on a large plate tocool. Transfer to a food processor. Add the cream cheese and butter, and process on high speed until smooth. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pulse to blend.
- Line a 5-cup loaf pan (8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 3-inches) with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang of several inches. Spoon the mixture into the terrine, smoothing out with a rubber spatula. Wrap the terrine with the overhanging wrap and chill until firm, at least 8 hours.
- To serve, unwrap the terrine, lift from the mold, and slice with a sharp knife. Place 1 slice on each plate with a heaping tablespoon of the mustard sauce and serve with the croutons or crackers.
Crawfish And Salmon Mousse With Tomato Saffron Cream Sauce
Avocado Mousse With Oysters On The Half Shell
White Chocolate Grand Marnier Mousse In Chocolate Pistachio Tuile Cups
Creole Mustard Sauce
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Smoked Duck Mousse Profiteroles With Chile Pepper Glaze
Vietnamese Summer Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Crab Rangoon Pot Stickers With Hot Mustard Sauce
Fireside Sausage Wraps With Bourbon Mustard Dipping Sauce
Duck Liver Pate: Terrine de Foies de Canard