- 1 (16-ounce) jar sliced dill pickles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Essence, plus more for dusting
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Drain the pickles in a colander, then spread on paper towels to drain completely. Combine the buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and 2 tablespoons of Essence.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot to 350 degrees F.
- Submerge the pickles in batches in the buttermilk, then dip into the flour mixture, tossing to evenly coat. Shake in a strainer to remove any excess batter. Add to the oil in batches, turning, until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and season with Essence and salt, to taste. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve hot.
Nashville Fried Catfish with Fried Pickles
Slow Cooked Country Green Beans
A Creole Fried Shrimp Salad With Vidalia Onions, A Classic Remoulade Dressing And Pickled Okra
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles
Lemon Rosemary Pickled Green Beans