- 1 (16-ounce) jar sliced dill pickles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Essence, plus more for dusting
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Drain the pickles in a colander, then spread on paper towels to drain completely. Combine the buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and 2 tablespoons of Essence.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot to 350 degrees F.
- Submerge the pickles in batches in the buttermilk, then dip into the flour mixture, tossing to evenly coat. Shake in a strainer to remove any excess batter. Add to the oil in batches, turning, until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and season with Essence and salt, to taste. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve hot.
Nashville Fried Catfish With Fried Pickles
Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Slow Cooked Country Green Beans
A Creole Fried Shrimp Salad With Vidalia Onions, A Classic Remoulade Dressing And Pickled Okra
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles
Lemon Rosemary Pickled Green Beans