- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Roasted Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- Green Onion Coulis
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly butter 4 (3/4-cup/6-ounce) ramekins and dust the bottoms and sides of each with 1 teaspoon of bread crumbs and set inside a roasting pan large enough to hold the cups without touching.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the cream and thyme. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks. Add the roasted garlic, salt, and pepper and whisk together. Add the warm cream and whisk until smooth. Add the Parmesan and whisk to combine. Pour into the prepared custard cups and fill the roasting pan with warm water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake until set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- When the custards are nearly ready, in a bowl toss the shrimp with the Essence to coat. Heat a large, heavy, ungreased skillet over high heat. When very hot, add the shrimp and sear until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side..
- Remove the cups from the water and wipe dry. Run a thin, sharp knife around the edges to loosen the custards. Invert onto plates and shake gently to release. Spoon a small amount of the Green Onion Coulis on top, and surround with shrimp and serve.
Roasted Garlic Custards With Seared Shrimp And Green Onion Coulis
Green Onion Coulis
Emeril's Shrimp And Pasta With Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, And Green Onions
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Roasted Garlic And Red Bell Pepper Dip
Seared Crab Cake With Corn Relish, Roasted Tomato And Pepper Coulis
Shrimp And Green Onion Pancakes With Cilantro And Lime Crema
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis