- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, plus 8 ounces (2 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and position the oven racks in the middle of the oven. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets with 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and cream the ingredients on high speed. Add the vanilla and egg, and combine on medium speed. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the flour mixture and combine on low speed. Remove bowl from mixer. Stir in walnuts by hand.
- Form into balls about 2 tablespoons each in size. Divide the balls of dough between the prepared baking sheets, and press to slightly flatten, leaving about 2-inches of space between each cookie. Bake in batches in the oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
Chris' Kicked Up Spicy Walnut Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Roasted Peach Soup Garnished With Peach Sorbet And Butter Cookies
Almond Butter Cookies
Emeril's Butter Cookies
Fresh Lemon And Lavender Ice Cream With Almond Butter Cookies
Mr' Lou's Sorbet Trio: Lemon Mint, Tangerine Basil, And Pineapple Raspberry
Kicked Up, Kicked Up, Kicked Up Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream
Mocha Ice Cream