- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 pound smoked eel, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces smoked sturgeon, flaked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Dilled Buttermilk Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce (about 8 ounces), core removed, quartered, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 ounce Choupique caviar, or salmon roe
- Preheat a fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Season the flour with Essence and place in a shallow dish. Dredge the eel in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
- Fry the eel until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the sturgeon, onions, chives, vinegar, oil, some of the Buttermilk Dill Dressing, salt, and pepper, and toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper, and drizzle over the lettuces. Place 1/4 head of lettuce on each of 4 large salad plates. Arrange the sturgeon mixture over the lettuce. Top with the fried eel. Drizzle each serving with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Place 1 teaspoon of the caviar in the center and serve.
Dilled Buttermilk Dressing
Smoked Sturgeon Napoleon With Caviar Cream And A Lemon Gastrique
Roasted Beet And Smoked Sturgeon Salad With Vodka Vinaigrette
Spinach And Mandarin Orange Salad With Buttermilk Herb Dressing
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Buttermilk Marinated Fried Chicken Salad With Buttermilk Parmesan Dressing
Fried Oyster Salad With Pernod Buttermilk Dressing
Emeril's Taco Salad With A Roasted Poblano Buttermilk Dressing
Crawfish And Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Fried Okra And Buttermilk Dressing
Pacific Coast Salmon And Wild Ramps, With A Morel, Crawfish, And Fiddlehead Fern Ragout