- 1 cup flour
- Essence 
- 1/2 pound smoked eel, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces smoked sturgeon, flaked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Dilled Buttermilk Dressing 
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce (about 8 ounces), core removed, quartered, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 ounce Choupique caviar, or salmon roe
- Preheat a fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Season the flour with Essence and place in a shallow dish. Dredge the eel in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
- Fry the eel until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the sturgeon, onions, chives, vinegar, oil, some of the Buttermilk Dill Dressing, salt, and pepper, and toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper, and drizzle over the lettuces. Place 1/4 head of lettuce on each of 4 large salad plates. Arrange the sturgeon mixture over the lettuce. Top with the fried eel. Drizzle each serving with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Place 1 teaspoon of the caviar in the center and serve.