- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, about 22-inches in length
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Essence
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound fresh mild or spicy Italian sausage, removed from the casing
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a serrated bread knife, cut the bread in half lengthwise. Lay the two halves of bread cut-side up on the lined baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the butter, olive oil, grated Parmesan, Essence, garlic, parsley, and salt and mix well with a rubber spatula or fork. Spread the butter mixture evenly onto the two halves of bread. Place on the baking sheet and bake until just starting to get bubbly but not brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up with a large wooden spoon, until cooked through and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onions, peppers, and red pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the sausage back to the pan, and stir well. Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the bottom half of the French bread and cover with the top half. Wrap in aluminum foil and return to the oven to warm through and for the flavors to blend, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove bread from the oven, slice and serve immediately.
Kicked Up Almond Stuffed Green Olives
Kicked Up Pepper Stuffed Green Olives
Kicked Up Anchovy Stuffed Green Olives
Kicked Up Blue Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers
Marinated Chicken And Vegetable Skewers With Creamy Italian Dressing
Basic Red Sauce
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Spicy Garlic Bread