- 1 pint fresh oysters, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk with 1 tablespoon of the Essence. Add the oysters and marinate for 5 minutes. In a shallow dish, combine the masa harina and flour with 1 tablespoon of the Essence.
- In a medium, heavy pot with high sides, heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge the oysters in the flour mixture and shake the pieces in a strainer to remove any excess. Carefully add to the hot oil in batches, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon remove and drain on a paper towels. Season lightly with the remaining teaspoon of Essence.
Oyster Rockefeller Soup Garnished with Crispy Bacon and Fried Oysters
Brandy Milk Punch
Red Beans And Rice
Clancy's Fried Oysters With Brie
Fried Oyster Salad With Pernod Buttermilk Dressing
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato Corn Salsa
Emeril's Tempura Fried Oysters