- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- Cherry Compote
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and cut into the flour using your hands or a pastry-cutter until it resembles small peas. Add the lime zest and buttermilk and mix just until the liquid is incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk with the milk. With a large spoon, drop dollops of the dough onto the prepared pan. Brush the tops of the dough with the egg wash, and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake until risen and golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot with the Cherry Compote and whipped cream.
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Pear, Stilton, And Walnut Souffles With Pear Compote
Three Chocolate Bark With Spiced Pecans And Dried Cherries
Fresh Peach Ice Cream With Rainier Cherries
Cherries Jubilee With Homemade Lady Fingers
Steamed Blue Crabs With Homemade Bay Seasoning
Grilled Blue Fish On Watercress With Warm Bacon Dressing
Horseradish And Citrus Crusted Tuna With Beer Sauce And Warm Ham And Herb Potato Salad