- One (2-pound) beef tenderloin (center cut if available), trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large loaf French bread, about 24-inches long, halved lengthwise and lightly toasted
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved with a vegetable peeler, from about 1/4 pound piece
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, Essence, 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and spread evenly over the tenderloin. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloin and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on all sides. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare. The temperature will read about 125 to 130 degrees F. when tested with an instant read thermometer. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the tenderloin into thin slices.
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and whisk to blend. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss the arugula with the extra virgin olive oil.
Generously spread both sides of the French bread with the horseradish mayonnaise. Top one slice with the sliced roast beef, tomato slices, arugula, and cheese shavings. Top with the remaining slice of bread and press down to close. Slice crosswise at 6-inch intervals into individual sandwiches, and serve.
Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches With Horseradish Spread
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish and Black Pepper Crust
Pressed Ham Sandwich With Pimiento Cheese Spread
Roasted Beets with Pistachio-Goat Cheese Spread on Sourdough
Roast Beef, Arugula, And Blue Cheese Sandwiches On Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dressing
Roast Beef Po'Boy
Fresh Eggplant And Roasted Red Pepper Panini
Kicked-Up Grilled Ham and Cheese with a Warm Roasted Tomato Salad
Roast Beef Sandwich with French Onion Dip and Crispy Shallots
Roasted Tenderloin And Portobello Sandwich